M.S. in Human Systems Engineering Accelerated Master’s Program
Human Systems Engineering
Accelerated Master’s Degree Program
HSE offers an accelerated master’s degree for those students enrolled in the BS Human Systems Engineering degree programs. This accelerated degree allows for nine (12) credit hours of shared classes, between the undergraduate and graduate program, so students will complete 138 overall credit hours for these accelerated degree programs.
Eligible Undergraduate Degrees
- BS Human Systems Engineering
- BS Human Systems Engineering (User Experience)
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA (scale is 4.00=A) at time of application and through completion of undergraduate degree requirements
- Must have earned 75 credit hours to apply; earned 90 credits hours (and be admitted to the 4+1 program) before taking shared classes
- Must be able to maintain a 3.0 GPA for all coursework on the graduate plan of study, or iPOS
Steps to Apply
- Meet with the accelerated master’s advisor
- Complete and sign the Accelerated Master’s Agreement and submit it to the advisor, who will notify student of approval via email
- After notification of approved Accelerated Master’s Agreement, submit all required admission materials (noted below).
- Admission is not guaranteed.
- A completed online Graduate Admissions Application
- One (1)-page Statement of Purpose addressing area of interest and goals after graduate school
- If international applicant, must meet the English proficiency requirementor qualify for an exemption.
Shareable courses are 400-level and 500-level courses that are approved to be shared between undergraduate and graduate programs for students admitted to an accelerated degree. GPA requirements apply. A list of approved course options are available through the graduate advising office.