Engineering | The Polytechnic School

Undergraduate Student Resources and Forms

Follow Poly Advising

Visit Us

Wanner Hall

Wanner Hall
Second Floor
6073 S. Backus Mall
Mesa, AZ 85212



The Polytechnic School Advisors6073 S. Backus Mall Mesa, AZ 85212

The Polytechnic School Advisors

Wanner Hall, Second Floor

6073 S. Backus Mall

Mesa, AZ  85212

Current student?

Schedule an appointment

Prospective Student?

Call 480-727-1874 to schedule an appointment.


8-5 M-F, including breaks
ASU holidays: Closed

Requesting an Override

Override requests must go through the school/college offering the course. To request an override to a course offered through Fulton Schools of Engineering, please visit the link above. The Polytechnic School processes overrides for the following prefixes: AET, ALT, AMT, ATC, EET, EGR, ERM, EST, GIT, IFT, MET, OMT, PSY, TEM, TMC, UET. Please note that MAT and ENG courses are offered outside our college.

To find out the college offering your course, visit course details within the class search.

Request an Override


Petition Guidelines

An Undergraduate Standards Petition Form is required for various circumstances.

All materials included in the submission must be typed. Submit the complete packet to your advisor in order to discuss the petition and rationale (it is suggested you make an appointment with your advisor to do this).

The complete packet is reviewed by the advisor, program chair, and Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Dean’s Office.

Below is only a sampling of common situations in which a petition is needed:

  • Course Overload
    • An overload petition is required if a student is requesting to enroll in more than the maximum allotted. An appointment is required; schedule an appointment with your advisor.
    • Campus students: Students are able to enroll in 19 credit hours.
    • Online students: Students are able to enroll in up to 9 credits per session, no more than 18 credits per semester
  • Enroll in a graduate level course for undergraduate level credit
    • *4+1 students do not need to petition to enroll in approved shared courses
  • Enroll in a course for a third time
  • Pursue a concurrent degree

Petition Guidelines and Undergraduate Petition Form


Change your Major

Schedule an appointment with the program advisors for the program into which you are interested in moving.


Internship Policy & Forms

Undergraduate Aviation Programs Policy & Forms