B.S. in Aeronautical Management Technology (Air Transportation Management)
Our undergraduate air transportation management program provides students with the skills needed for leadership positions in a wide variety of technically related areas of the commercial aviation industry. Students learn about airport planning and general aviation operations management for air carriers and airports.
The air transportation management concentration, under the BS in aeronautical management technology, prepares students for leadership positions in the on-ground areas of the aviation industry, including management of air carriers or airports, airport planning or general aviation operations.
This major is eligible for the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program at the following location: Polytechnic campus. Students from Western states, who select this major and campus, may be eligible for reduced nonresident tuition. See more information and eligibility requirements on the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) program.
For complete program information, required classes and other details, see the major map.
Additional Program Fee: Yes
Students who complete a degree in air transportation management may be prepared for the following careers:
- air carrier manager
- airport manager
- aviation consulting
- general aviation operations manager
- governmental positions with the Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Transportation, and National Transportation Safety Board
Advanced degrees or certifications may be required for academic or clinical positions. Career examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Logistics Managers: Median Salary*: $80,860
- Storage and Distribution Managers: Median Salary*: $80,860
- Transportation Managers: Median Salary*: $80,860
Learn more about career outlook, example careers and average salaries.
* Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA).
Program Mission Statement
Accelerated Master’s Degree option
Finish two degrees faster by combining advanced undergraduate and graduate coursework during your senior year as part of the accelerated master’s degree program.