Information about the high-altitude chamber course
Register for the high-altitude chamber course
The high-altitude chamber course offered at ASU’s Polytechnic campus in Mesa, Arizona, is a full-day course beginning at 8 a.m. and concluding at 5 p.m.
The course includes:
- An aviation physiology ground lesson and chamber flight to 25,000 feet.
- A hypoxia demonstration at altitude.
- A night hypoxia and visual acuity demonstration at 18,000 feet.
- The course concludes with a rapid decompression.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a certificate of completion and FAA form 3150-1 or training transcript (upon request). This training is WINGS credit eligible.
High Altitude Chamber training courses that are open to the public are conducted periodically. Private courses can be scheduled based on availability and can accommodate up to 12 attendees.
Requirements to participate in altitude chamber training:
- 18+ years of age
- A current Class I, II or III FAA Medical Certificate
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English per FAA rules and regulations
To register, learn about availability, cost or ask general questions, please contact [email protected].